In case I missed somebody who is interested, I am copying here an email I’ve sent earlier today:
In course of the past 7-8 months I spoke to many researches and practitioners who’s work is related to the restructuring application code for performance improvement rather than optimization of specific queries. Most of you agreed that these activities are hard to place, because they are in some sense in between the database and the application.
I am going to try to organize a workshop with whatever international database conference will accept this proposal. (EDBT 2015 is one of the candidates). Attached is the first draft of this proposal with the exception of particular conference – specifics (like deadlines and other)
Please let me know :
– are you, your research group, your organization are/will be interested in participation?
– interested in submitting a paper or demo?
– any additions/suggestions/ improvements to the proposal draft?
– do you know any other individuals/groups/organizations who may be interested?
– do you want to be on the mailing list for this perspective workshop?
– any ideas/candidates for invited talk(s)
Thank you! Henrietta